Reply To: The Evil Un God

Forums Forums Vedic Philosophy The Evil Un God Reply To: The Evil Un God

Ashish Dalela
Keymaster

why God wants a soul to dance for him, I will have to learn this, I still do not understand

It is God’s expression of happiness. When you are very happy you dance with joy. Like that God is always happy, so He is always dancing. But He likes to dance with those who are similarly happy.

That teacher taught me that the best teacher is the one who does not teach you anything, in the end he is teaching you things but you are analyzing carefully until the change occurs

Yes, there are many such teachers. They adapt their teaching to the audience. They know that people are not very serious, and there is no urgency in them. Life is good in Western countries; there is ample food and sex, there are opportunities to travel the world and see many things. And most people want to do these things, even if they accept some ultimate solution. So, teachers also adapt their message for the person with little seriousness. It may also be that they are not very serious about the whole thing. Or, they want to keep you interested although you are not committed.

We don’t value such teachers. We value Bhagavad-Gita because it is taught to Arjuna on a battlefield, where cousins, friends, grandfathers, children, and teachers are about to be killed, and they are killed in 18 days. There are urgent questions of life and death, and the supreme knowledge is taught, and accepted, in that urgency. If life is good, and death seems far, then there is a cavalier attitude.

We also value the Bhagavat-Purana, which is narrated by Sukadeva Goswami to King Parikshit, who is about to die of a snake bite in 7 days. He renounces his kingdom, and goes to the bank of Ganges, and asks the sages: What is the method for a man who has only 7 days left to perfect himself? He sits in one place, without food and water for 7 days, and listens to the Bhagavat-Purana continuously. The philosophy of God’s dance can be understood only by a person of such commitment.

Whether it is 7 days or 18 days, the point is urgency. When questions of life and death are decided by philosophy, then the teacher must be perfect, and the student who follows that teacher is serious. If the teacher doesn’t teach with the idea of impending death, then he is not serious. And he seeks students who are also not seeking with the urgency and seriousness of a man about to die.

We also describe the world as an ocean in which a lonely man is swimming for survival, and there are big shark-like fish in the ocean ready to swallow you (they are called timingala). Or a forest fire that has engulfed a traveler and whichever direction you go, it will burn you very quickly (this is called sañsāra-dāvanala). Again, it is a matter of life and death, and therefore, there is urgency. Then we consider a discussion worthy of a teacher’s time. If the student doesn’t have the urgency, then the teachers are also passing time.

You will likely not understand my viewpoint, because there are many levels of urgency and seriousness. In any case, I suppose all your questions have been answered, so we can stop it.