Who We Are
- Our website address is called Shabda Forums (https://forums.shabda.co).
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
- When visitors access the forums through social login, we store your name, email address, and profile picture. These are stored to keep a record of the comments you have entered, or notifications that you have subscribed to.
- If you log in to our site, we set up several cookies to save your login information. This cookie may persist for your return sessions.
- When visitors leave comments, we store your comments and display them in a discussion form.
- If you subscribe to notifications, we store these preferences in our database.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
- Forum topics and comments may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
- If you create a topic or write a comment, or subscribe for a comment or topic, the metadata is retained indefinitely, unless you send us an explicit request to delete the data. This is so we can recognize your content and maintain its existence against your name.
- For users that log in on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. This data is stored indefinitely unless you send us a request for data deletion.
How We Protect Your Data
- Nothing transacted over the Internet is 100% secure. However, there are industry best practices that everyone uses, and we do that too. We use SSL encryption to ensure that the data you input using your browser remains private. We control access to the site through Social Logins and the security of the access is as strong as that of the Social Login provider.
- We also use the best practices in Administrative access, such as long non-intuitive passwords along with Time-Based OTP authentication. Any hacking attempts are quickly blocked by blocking the IP address of the hacker.
How We Profile Your Data
- Shabda Forums is a non-profit service, which means that we don’t charge you for the service, and you are not the product that we will try to monetize. Therefore, we don’t sell your data to anybody else or utilize it for any ulterior purposes.
- We might from time to time, however, look at which forums are doing better than others, the user feedback and ratings, and use them to try to improve the content. Educating the interested visitors is our sole aim. We do it as a public service.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- If you have an account on this site and would like to erase it, you can request data deletion by contacting us. If you request such a deletion, we will remove the metadata of a topic or answer associated with your name and email, and assign the forum topics and their answers to a dummy user. That way, we don’t lose the discussion, but there would be no way to associate it to you.